Normally, we would associate getter older with a decrease in strength; however, studies have proven this theory to be incorrect. The Landmark Research group conducted a study with frail nursing home residents between the ages of eighty and ninety. These individuals were tested positive for a higher metabolism, lung capacity, and reduced premature death. After a six to eight week period of exercising regularly, their muscle and bone strength increased dramatically.
Besides physical benefits, refraining from too much of a sedentary lifestyle provides the following:
- A reduced risk of having fractured bones
- Creates and maintains balance
- Lowers the risk of developing (and increasing) high blood pressure, diabetes, and specific cancers
- Less anxiety and depression symptoms
- Improves your mood and helps to clear your mind
Those are my health tips for today, but if you have any or learned from this article, I’d love to know. Plus, I am having another health article this week and depending on the response you leave in your comment I’ll include it in!