I have been very discouraged lately. So many things have gone wrong, fell apart, and are completely in shambles. The funny thing is I am usually the encourager – cheering everyone else along in their faith walk but what happens when the encourager needs encouragement? On the days I want to give up, the days I cry my heart out, the days I am depressed, the days I am overwhelmed, the days I am stuck, the days I am full of fear, and on the days I have nothing left these are the bible verses keep me going and keep my hope alive. These are my life verses – God speaks to me through them and they revive me when I am depleted.
- Romans 8:28 “We are confident that God is able to orchestrate everything to work toward something good and beautiful when we love Him and accept His invitation to live according to His plan.” (VOICE)
- Genesis 50:20 “You planned something bad for me, but God produced something good from it, in order to save the lives of many people, just as he’s doing today.” (CEB)
- Ephesians 3:20 “God can do anything, you know—far more than you could ever imagine or guess or request in your wildest dreams!” (MSG)
- John 10:10 “The thief comes only in order to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance (to the full, till it overflows).” (AMP)
- Revelation 21:4 “And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away.” (NKJV)
- 2 Corinthians 5:7 “We live [walk] by what we believe [faith], not by what we can see [sight].” (EXB)
- Proverbs 3:5 “Lean on, trust in, and be confident in the Lord with all your heart and mind and do not rely on your own insight or understanding.” (AMP)
- Isaiah 43:18 “Forget the things that happened in the past. Do not keep on thinking about them.” (NIRV)
- Matthew 11:28 “Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy-laden and overburdened, and I will cause you to rest. [I will ease and relieve and refresh your souls.]” (AMP)
What are your life verses? What bible verses encourage you during a tough time?