Below are the various events at P&W! If you have an upcoming event and would like us to place it on our calendar, please contact us.
May1Wednesday: May 1 – May 25 (all day)
I need your help.
A close friend and I are having a Letters for Troops campaign. We’re collecting letters, written by all of you, to send to our wonderful troops in the military.
Personally, I have three friends and one family member serving — two who have been in combat. Talking to them has shown me how not-so-uplifting their military environment can be at times.
They’re away from family and friends, and go to war not knowing if they’ll return home. We’re blessed to have them protect us.
To show our appreciation and to encourage them (which I know my dear friends at P&W are full of — encouragement) it would be wonderful to send someone who’s surrounded by war a message of hope and peace.
I’m full of encouragement, but it’s impossible for me to send tons of letters on my own. I need you.
I think of all the gracious feedback you’ve sent on how P&W has encouraged you. And it’s taught me sometimes, all it takes is one person’s encouraging word to remind you there’s hope in your life.
Details:We’re collecting letters of prayers and encouragement until May 25th.PLEASE SEND ALL LETTERS TO:Proverbs & WisdomP.O. Box 3019Garden City, NY 11531
(We’ll be forwarding all letters to A Million Thanks, an organization who will send all of our letters directly to our troops.)
LETTER’S GUIDELINES (As Submitted by A Million Thanks):
Categories: Charity Drives
- Do not include additional postage.
- Do not send edible items or other care package items.
- Do not use glitter, confetti, or anything that is not securely attached to the letter or card.
- Only include positive messages. Any negative messages will be discarded. (A Million Thanks reads each letter to ensure our troops will be receiving positive, uplifting messages only.)
- Be creative! Draw pictures, talk about you, and let them know their service does not go unnoticed.
- Include your address or email address if you wish. Most military will write back to you!
- Attention parents and/or teachers of young children: We ask that if children are too young to include a message of thanks, please write one on their behalf so our service members get a message along with a drawing.
May6Monday: May 6 – May 24 (all day)
Nomination period from May 6, 2013 – May 24, 2013.Official details will be available Monday, May 6, 2013.For more information on Proverbs & Wisdom’s awards, visit our Awards page.Categories: Awards